If you are really serious in optimizing your site and boost your search engine rank, do not underestimate this powerful seo tip: Silo Structure . Silo structuring is simply a method of designing your site in such a way that contents will not mix up.
Literally, a silo is a farm structure where farmers store their harvests. One silo contains only one kind of grain. So if you see three silos standing in a farm that means there are three different grains with one silo for each. That's a kind of good organization which can also be applied to a website. In fact, Google and other search engines love this kind of structure.
However, only few is aware of this and just about 30 percent of all website owners silo structure their sites and missed a great, great way to magnetize the search engines to them.
Implementing the method will take time but the added authority it brings to your site will be worth all the hard work.
Here are 5 steps to silo structure your site and make a difference in your search engine ranking.
- Decide About Your Main Topic. Even before you bought your domain, you should already know which market you want to dominate and the main topic you would like to talk about in your website blog. If your domain is about blogging tips then your main topic will be about blogging tips.
- Create Your Categories (Silos). Your categories should be related to your main topic. These will be your silos. All your future posts will be stored in their own silos. No mixing to avoid confusing the search engine spiders. Your categories should be greatlyly focused and build it like they are different pages that need authority of their own.
- Post Relevant and Interrelated Articles. The nature of your content and its relevance to your main topic and categories plays an important role in siloing your site. Always consider keywords.
- Work On Your Internal Linking. Link the contents of your categories to each other so all your categories will get additional authority. At this stage avoid cross linking because we want to focus on our internal links first.
- Go On With Your Backlinking. Theme density is not enough for a single web page only. Incorporating a linking structure ie, internal linking and backlinking will support the density of the entire site content.A good structured website plus interrelated internal links and relevant quality backlinks will eventually push organic traffic to your website in a short time.
By organizing your site using silo, you will upgrade the theme density of each page and this is a powerful factor in beating your competitor in search engines ranking.
Source by Naths Tabin