Can Measuring Customer Satisfaction Be Easy and Affordable?
August 31, 2018
August 31, 2018
In an tough economy like this, everyone knows that customer satisfaction is vital. Just like you, your customers are reviewing every expense and asking every long-standing decision. This means you must do everything possible to not lose your valuable paying clients. Studies show it costs 12 times more to win a new account than to maintain an existing one.
In a market like this one, the difference only widens.
Theory says that finding out what your customers are thinking should be simple. After all, you only need to ask them good questions and analyze their responses with care.
However, the truth is that it just is not easy to pull off.
A few years ago I got to meet Jack Welch (he will not remember the occasion, I'm sure) and one of the things he said stuck in my head, "You can not improve what you do not measure." But I was stuck with a question, "How do you measure without going under in the process?"
The problem with measuring customer satisfaction resides in the measurement process. Invariably this process includes:
1. Design a great survey questionnaire.
2. Implement the actual survey instrument (a printed survey, a web page)
3. Distribute the survey.
4. Ask clients to fill out the survey.
5. Collect the filled out surveys.
6. Tabulate the responses in a usable format.
7. Analyze the results.
Each step of this process must be completed in order to effectively measure customer satisfaction. To do this well requires effort and resources.
Fortunately there is an innovative new tool on the market, which can help you to reduce the time, effort and cost significantly. But even more importantly, it will help allow you to analyze the results and take action in realtime. Quite frankly, customer satisfaction measurement has never been so simple.
The new system, which permits you to easily and affordably track your customer satisfaction, guarantees four additional benefits:
1. You will be able to adapt and change your surveys any time you wish.
2. Integrate customer satisfaction measurement into your daily business processes. Since your customers are answering the survey right at the checkout counter, while waiting for their receipts, you will achieve excellent participation rates. The whole survey process typically takes about a minute, and it effectively demonstrates to your client how important his opinion is to your company.
3. React immediately when you detect a problem. The fact that you are receiving results back in realtime truly empowers the system. If something is going wrong, you find out today, in time to implement a solution immediately. Tomorrow you'll be able to confirm whether the new solution is as effective as you hoped.
4. It not only provides quantitative measurements, but you also get direct customer feedback in realtime. Customers can submit suggestions, complaints or kudos whenever they feel like it and you'll find out immediately.
Like opening the curtains on a sunny day, this tool shines a spotlight into every corner of your business. You do not have to physically be there to gauge how things are operating.