Link building is a key part of OFF page SEO campaign. Although "On-Page" SEO and good content helps in delivering some relevant traffic, the real process that helps you to achieve higher rankings in Google and Bing is link building often referred to as OFF page SEO. Why the name OFF page? Reason is simple – work is done outside your website.
So here am listing 10 Easy to use Link building methods for your SEO campaign.
Note: Most of the methods listed here are useful for Long tail keywords only. For competitive and short tail ones – you really need creative SEO skills.
1. Directory Submission – Old school technique but still effective for Long tail keywords and for newly launched websites.
2. Article Submissio n – The game is simple. Get a list of article directories say some 100+, write some 10 unique articles and distribute it freely to all these 100+ article directories. It is really great if you can write a unique article for each article but but it is really time consuming. Make sure you meet the guidelines of article directories for faster approvals.
3. Social Bookmarking – The process of bookmarking your important website pages, articles and blog posts with bookmarking websites like Digg, Reddit etc. This is an especially good method for promotion in search engines, but you need to do it right.
4. Press Release Submission – It's more like Article directory submission. Write about an update or offer your company recently launched and distribute it in press release directories. Always make sure you write it as news coverage or at least an article that sounds like news. Doing a paid press release using reputed directories can help you get better exposure.
5. Guest Blogging – The most useful and highly effective tool for link building. The tedious part is that you need an already established website and good networking with various bloggers. This is real human side of link building where relationship really counts.
6. Local Business Directory Listing – Another one similar to directory submission. The difference is you really should be a business with a physical address to execute this link building technique.
7. Google Places – This one helps you to rank top for your local keyword searches, especially for those related to local shops or local services.
8. Link Exchange – An old school stuff and this one still works. You can do 2 way and 3 way link exchange with websites having same or related niche, and I mean RELATED niche.
9. Forum Link Building – Forums are places where you can not only have conversations but where you can build links. Most forums allow members to post links in their signature area, just make sure that the links are do-follow.
10. Blog Commenting – Interestingly this one still work for websites of certain niche. Due to spammers most blogs offer only no-follow links in their comment sections. But there may be some good websites in your niche that gives you do-follow links. Make sure you submit your comments to related blogs, and try to make some good suggestions in your comments.
Source by Mejason John