WordPress – The Ultimate Blog Platform?
May 1, 2019
May 1, 2019
I have chosen WordPress as our blog platform for our internet marketing business and that is for some very good reasons. Below is a (somewhat subjective) review and reasons behind our choice. First off some Advantages and Disadvantages.
– WordPress is a FREE blog platform
– WordPress has tons of plugins that will help you optimize your blog according to your needs and requirements
– WordPress is very easy to install and use
– WordPress has thousands of followers and developers that continuously improve and develop plugins, tools and software
– We have some difficulties using the editor, so we use a free HTML editor called NVU, make the post there and copy it into the WordPress “Add New Post” editor.
– A lot of spamboots and automatic comment poster “attack” WordPress blog posts
– Except for that we haven’t found any weaknesses or disadvantages so far.
Plugins are small softwares that is developed by either WordPress OR webdesigners like you and me, in order to complete and optimize WordPress. There are literally thousands of plugins developed, soe not so good and some truly amazing. Below is a couple of examples of plugins just to give you an idea of what it really is:
Plugin 1: TweetMeme – this FREE plugin puts a small button on every blog post which enables your visitors to easily share YOUR blog post link to all their Twitter followers. HIGHLY recommended (check it in the upper right hand corner of this post)
Plugin 2: MaxBlogPress Ninja Affiliate – this $97 plugin enables you to manage ALL your links, create your own link names etc etc.
We’ll cover some really good, both free and paid, plugins in later posts, but we just like to mention specifically that there are some excellent plugins for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that will drive free traffic to your website/blog.
In the blogging world there are constant need for different softwares, and for WordPress (and other blog platforms) there are a lot of good ones developed. Again, just to give you an idea of what we’re talking about, here is an example:
Artisteer – this software enables you to MAKE your OWN WordPress themes (soon also Blogger/Blogspot) without knowing any HTML codes. You can set the width of your blog, colors, header, footer… you name it – you can do it with Artisteer. An excellent software if you’re setting up and managing many blogs.
WordPress is in our eyes the ultimate blog platform for your internet marketing and business. It has ALL the features and tweks we’re looking for and it continues to develop and improve day by day. Before you chose your blogging platform, you definitely have to evaluate them and see if it’s suitable for you.
Thanks for taking time to read this review, and whatever choice you make – we wish you all the best in your business endeavours.
PS – Comments and suggestions are HIGHLY welcomed:-)