Five Fantastic SEO Tips to Boost Your Rankings
March 28, 2018
March 28, 2018
If you have a website and want the best ranking results possible then try some of these great tips before you throw money at one of the cheap SEO packages. By performing these three easy techniques you can send your rankings through the roof:
1) Title Tags: optimizing your title tags is key to your onpage optimization yet many people and even SEO companies forget to do it! In the old days it was possible to "stuff" meta tags with keywords but now the search engines will penalize you severely so just stick to three at most per page.
2) Domain Name: including your keyword in your URL has gained increased importance in the search engines algorithm recently which is unfortunate in a way because it has lead to people no longer being creative with their domain names as they try to get rankings. If you want to include one or more keywords in your domain name this can help increase your search result ranking but do not sacrifice visitor usability. Remember that the algorithm could change at anytime but your domain name can not!
3) Alt Tags: images, video and other multimedia are becoming increasingly important to SEO. In order to take advantage of this, make sure that you always optimize your Alt tags with keywords when possible. Never "stuff" your Alt tags however as this can lead to a poor user experience and a penalty by the search engines.
4) Keyword Density: your keyword density should generally be around 1% never ever write your website content solely for search engine optimization. Try to keep keyword density at about 1% but more importantly provide valuable and well written user content to improve your SEO results.
5) Do not use Black Hat: even the best companies may try to cheat using so called "black hat techniques". While they can get you a quick boost in your search engine results they will always be temporary. The search engines will always ever catch on to what you are doing and you will find your website sandboxed or worse.